What Are Dental Veneers?
Do you have a few minor dental flaws that keep your smile from being perfect? Improving your smile has never been easier, thanks to dental veneers. Dr. Charles Sours, Jr., your Woodbridge, VA, dentist, shares information about veneers and explains how they can help you.
Thin but tough
Wafer-thin veneers offer the ideal way to hide imperfections in your smile. The tooth-shaped shells are bonded to the fronts of your teeth only, dramatically improving your smile. They're made from porcelain, a durable material that looks like natural tooth enamel.
Veneers address multiple issues
Veneers are a good choice for many cosmetic dental issues, including:
- Gaps: Do you have a slight gap between your front teeth? Veneers easily cover small gaps that can make you feel self-conscious about your smile. If your gap is large, your Woodbridge dentist may recommend orthodontic treatment instead.
- Imperfections: Veneers conceal chips, cracks, pits and other imperfections that can affect the appearance of your teeth.
- Short Teeth: If one of your teeth is a little shorter than the others, it's easy to lengthen it with a veneer.
- Oddly Shaped Teeth: Twisted, crooked, pointy or other oddly shaped teeth disappear from sight behind your new veneer.
- Whitening: Since veneers are available in many shades of white, they're often used to whiten teeth. Because veneers are resistant to staining, your smile with stay bright and white for years.
No extensive dental procedures are required
Before you receive your veneers, your dentist will lightly file the surface of your teeth. Filing ensures that the veneers fit comfortably and aren't bulky. After filing the teeth, an impression will be made, which a dental laboratory will use to create your veneers. You'll receive temporary veneers, which you'll wear until your permanent veneers are ready in about two or three weeks. It's not unusual to need a few minor adjustments to your new veneers. After ensuring that they fit perfectly, your dentist will bond them to your teeth.
Transform your smile with dental veneers! Call Dr. Sours, your Woodbridge, VA, dentist, at (703) 491-2131 to schedule an appointment to improve your smile.